The Student News Site of Weir High School

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Quill and Scroll

First Induction In Many Years

Weir High School brought back Quill and Scroll. This International Honor Society is for High School Journalists, and it is an honor to be in this society. There are certain standards that the members or inductees must have. This organization aspires for students to know the ideal of scholarship. The eight guiding principles that Quill and Scroll follow are truth, learning, leadership, loyalty, initiative, integrity, judgement, and friendship.  The first time QSIHS was chartered at Weir was in 1968, however the last time the school had this society is unknown. At the Induction Ceremony Morgan Bricker said, “These students are laying the foundation for what I think is going to be a fantastic media program, our literary magazine has been around for decades, and Mrs. Smith is continuing that with her students.” This program is developing better journalists with a higher code of ethics, promoting thinking, and clear strong writing. Eighteen students were inducted into this first year of bringing back QSIHS. “It is a great honor to be inducted and I can’t wait to see where this leads us.”-Hailey Hans