The Student News Site of Weir High School

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Holiday Season Guide

During the holiday season it’s a perfect excuse to watch your favorite movies and read your favorite books. Watching or reading holiday related stuff is the perfect way to get you in the holiday spirit. Every year the holidays seem to come a little faster and that is partly thanks to all the festive films that begin airing on TV months before the season really starts. If you’re looking for Christmas movies, many networks will air these well-known staples multiple times a week. Viewers will have plenty of chances to watch Elf, Home Alone, The Santa Clause, The Polar Express, A Christmas Story, and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Streaming services will debut new holiday shows and specials, including Netflix’s Best. Christmas. Ever! and Apple TV+’s Hannah Waddingham: Home For Christmas. Watching Christmas movies can have nostalgic memories which can bring back good memories by watching these movies. Christmas movies can even be therapeutic, it reminds of us of the importance of the season and of our family, friends, and the magic of the season! These movies are a great watch for the holiday season. Now for books, some of the best Christmas short stories are Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, A Christmas Memory by Truman Capote, and The Greatest Gift by Philip Van Doren Stern these books are great if you are looking for a short read. These next few books are a great with little children which are The Nutcracker by E. T. A. Hoffman, A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg, and Christmas Bells by Jennifer Chiaverini. If you are looking for a long read over the holiday season the best recommended ones are The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry, A Visit from St. Nicholas, Hogfather by Terry Pratchett, The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans, and the famous, The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg.