The Student News Site of Weir High School

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

New Staff at Weir

Introducing the Arneault & Seditz

This year, Weir High School has new staff members who have very important roles: a new head principal, Ted Arneault, and a new history teacher, Keenan Seditz. Seditz replaced former history teacher Gavin Koratich, teaching psychology and geography. Arneault held a pep rally at the beginning of the year. The pep rally introduced fall sports teams and highlighted the home opener football game. Arneault is a very caring and prideful principal.

Arneault stepped up to be Weir’s head principal after a stint as an assistant principal at Weirton Elementary and several years teaching history at Oak Glen High School. Arneault has seventeen years of teaching experience. He started his education in law, but didn’t like it, so he went into teaching. He is also a very notable coach and has been recognized with awards. He was awarded the 2019 AA West Virginia Football Coach of The Year.

Arneault talked about how his experience has been at Weir. “My experience has been new and exciting and I’m hopeful about things we can do to make the students experience fun and meaningful.” Outside of school he likes to play computer games, play poker, golf, and go on trips. After this school year, his plan is to continue to build on making Weir High a wonderful place for students and staff.

Seditz is serving as a long-term substitute in his position this year after the previous candidate found employment elsewhere. He is very well liked by students and staff for being great teacher who cares about his students.

Even though he does not hold a permanent position, he said he is having a good experience teaching at Weir. “My experience so far has been very rewarding! The faculty and administration has been incredibly helpful through the entire process, and I cannot think I’m enough! The students have been welcoming, and I get more excited every day to show up and pass our knowledge to our student.” In his free time, he enjoys teaching musical theater invoice to students of all ages. Currently, he is working with Oak Glen and their musical Little Women.