The Student News Site of Weir High School

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

7 Ranges Entertainment is All the Rage

The Fort Steuben Mall’s Newest Addition Draws in Business
Image taken of the 7 Ranges Entertainment bowling alley. (Nikki James)

7 Ranges Entertainment offers the local area a new option for fun with family or friends.

The company renovated the old Sears building in the Fort Steuben Mall for its new facility.  They held their grand opening on Feb. 1st, after being postponed from Dec. 27th due to a delay in obtaining alcohol licenses and other obstacles regarding passing inspection.

Since opening, 7 Ranges Entertainment has developed a 4.9-star rating with a total of 29 reviews submitted.

Leslie Fuscardo publicly commented in a 5-star review, “Very excited to finally have a place like this close to home! Great management, employees, and I’m impressed by all the efforts to give our area a place to have fun!”

This new business includes an extensive bar and grill, called the G.O.A.T., which can seat over 100 people. It features a full-size bar with several flat screen televisions to stream sports games.  Their menu consists of traditional bar and grill food, including wings, nachos, fries, and more. They even offer various unique food choices, such as twisted chicken, pork wings, and “G.O.A.T. balls,” which are portions of goat cheese served with spicy jam.

“I went a few days ago and ordered the chicken tenders with mac and cheese. It was honestly so good,” junior, Lyla Soplinksi reviews.

7 Ranges Entertainment provides a wide variety of amusement it over 100 arcade games. Not only does the facility offer bowling, mini golf, and axe throwing, but within their next few years of business, they have plans to renovate the upper floor into a go-cart racetrack.

As advertised on their website, 7 Ranges Entertainment offers two membership subscription plans to encourage customers to save money by attending regularly.  For a monthly fee of $50.00, customers can purchase the Gold VIP Package, including 300 game credits, two rounds of mini golf, and a 30-minute timed play card. Or, for a monthly fee of $100.00, there’s the Platinum VIP Package, including 600 game credits, 4 rounds of mini golf, and a 60-minute timed play card.

“We wanted to create somewhere fun in the area that can incorporate all ages into one place,” Nikki James, 7 Ranges Entertainment manager explains.

The addition of this business also supplies job opportunities for students who are 18 years or older. They require a decent level of work experience, along with an extensive background check and regular drug testing.  They are currently hiring waitresses, bartenders, and arcade attendants.

“It’s a cool and fun place to work. I’m glad they’re finally open and hope this will inspire other places to open up in the Steubenville Mall,” 7 Ranges Entertainment employee, class of 2023 Weir High graduate, Chloe Fidler explains.

Some speculate that this addition may help revamp the Fort Steuben Mall, a once lively shopping center that has suffered a major decline in business over the years.  As countless stores closed and the establishment regressed, many cleared the local mall from their go-to businesses.  Despite this current state, 7 Ranges Entertainment is believed to have the potential to spark a turnaround in the Fort Steuben Mall.

While the creation of this new business may have been a large financial risk, it seems to be paying off well.  This investment is already off to a great start, and it is continuously growing in popularity around the area.  For more information about 7 Ranges Entertainment, customers can visit their Facebook page or 7rangesentertainment.com.