The Student News Site of Weir High School

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Weir Follies and More

By Angela Paull

Weir High got into Holiday spirit this December with a lot of Christmas events and activities.

Student council held their spirit month of dressing up as a holiday theme each day until Christmas break. They sold candy cane grams in all three lunches, so that students can give their friends a little gift. They held it from December 1-8 and handed them out on December 12.

The club also held the door decorating competition with the theme being Christmas movies. The doors had to be done being decorated by December 14 and the doors were judged the 15 and announced on the 18 with Nurse Amber Chapel taking first place. Her door was decorated as “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”
Runners up were English teacher Corey Miller with his door decorated as “Gremlins” and Biology teacher Gina Reitter with her door decorated as “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.”

Nurse Chappell said, “Three students from Sisinni first block dance class decorated my door.”

Olivia Shetler, Emma’lee Magnone, and Makenzee Sadler told Weir Student Media how they got the idea and if they liked the theme. “We got the idea off of Pinterest,” Sadler replied, “Yes, I love the movie ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas.’”

December 20 was the last day until Christmas break with the day being a 2-hour early dismissal. Pep club held their annual Christmas Follies with advisor Jason Angle.  Each year at the follies, all the class grades compete in a series of games to determine the winner.  The games consisted of the Christmas tree relay race, create a Christmas rap, decorate a student as a Christmas tree.

The first game played was the Christmas tree relay race and each student had to run to the other side of the gym with a Christmas tree costume on and give it to the next person. The seniors were the winners of it. The next game was creating a Christmas rap. Each student had an unlimited amount of time to write a line and then they chose a person to rap it.

The judges were history teachers Stephen Kettler and Olenick and English teachers Andrew Bellevage and Sherri Lengthorn and they thought the seniors had the best rap.

The last game was to decorate a student up as a Christmas tree. The students started on the other side of the gym, ran into the middle to pick up supplies and brought it back to their corner to start decorating the student. The juniors won that game.

The seniors won the follies so that gives them a point towards the spirit stick at the end of the year.