The Student News Site of Weir High School

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Weir Student Media

Weir Students Share Concert Experiences

Many musical artists have stopped in Pittsburgh on tour with more to come in the future as they work their way across the country.

A lot of singers are making history by breaking records on the billboard.

Taylor Swift did just that with her album Speak Now (Taylor’s Version), which became her 12th No. 1 on the Billboard 200after its release on July 7.

But Swift didn’t stop there. Her Eras Tour was very successful all over the states and internationally with her concerts selling out, so much so that she had to include extra dates in the cities for more shows and 15% of the fan’s experienced disruption while trying to buy tickets on Ticketmaster. It was set to be the “most lucrative concert run in American History.”

Taylor was performing in Kanas City when Speak Now (Taylor’s version) came out, and she had Taylor Lautner and Joey King join her on stage. Swift started her international tour at the beginning of November.

Photo used with permission of Ava Babinchak.

Next up, Morgan Wallen climbed his way to the top with his song “Last Night” being on Billboard’s Songs of the Summer chart for the 2023 summer season.

Wallen had to delay his concert in late April to go on vocal rest for six weeks due to a vocal fold trauma.

The shows were sold out across the country through summer and the fall and had to be postponed.

Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour broke the top 10. It started in May and ended in October.

She was the highest-grossing concert tour by a female artist.

There were many concerts in the summer plus over the last couple months, and they are still continuing. Taylor Swift, Morgan Wallen, Post Malone, Beyoncé, Guns and Roses, Ed Sheran, Lana del Ray, and many more.

Weir students recounted their recent concert experiences.

Mea Kaufman – “I attended the Lana Del Rey concert. My favorite memory was singing the songs with Emily and Lillie. Also, listening to Lana say her goodbyes at the end of her performance.”

Ava Babinchak – “I attended Morgan Wallen the second night. Which was supposed to be June 15 and got rescheduled due to vocal cord issues. It was disappointing to have the concert be postponed, but overall it was a good concert he also had a surprise guest come out which was Wiz Khalifa.”

Cole Caranda – “I went to Tyler Childers in Lewisburg WV. I had really good seats, and I like the fact that he sang every single word to every song. The best part was being there in general but also the long road trip with my buddies.”

Photo used with permission of Rayna Hoover.

Rayna Hoover – “The Taylor Swift concert was the best day of my life. It was truly the best experience. Getting to see Taylor in person was incredible. Screaming every song was very therapeutic. I plan on trying to see Taylor again in 2024 but it is going to be a little pricey.”

Photo used with permission of Kaylee Webster.

Kaylee Webster- “I attended the Bryson tiller concert. My favorite part about the concert was his setup and how nice he was to his fans.”

Kevin Freeman – “I will be attending the Travis Scott concert in Pittsburgh on December 8. I am excited to go because he is my favorite artist.”

Check out The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s concert calendar for local events through November 2024 on their website:

www.post-gazette.com/concerts