Weir’s Making Changes

Jordyn Ferguson, Photo Video Manager

Over the summer administrators took action to make students happier. Administrators took into account the students input about
how we felt about the rules. I talked to several students about the matter and they all had strong feelings about the situation.
Senior Addison Mikula states, “I think the rules have improved a lot. Students are happier.”
The major rule that was changed was the tardies and the absences. Students are now allowed to have five unexcused absences
and tardies each semester. After the first semester, your tardies and absences will now reset. For example, if a student were to have seven absences at the end of the first semester, when they start the new semester, they will have zero. However, the rule for final still stands in stone. If students miss two or more days due to excused absences, they are still required to take finals. Over the summer, administrators worked very hard to make sure that the rules were consistent and fair. At this time administrators are not looking at changing anymore rules
Another rule that was changed was the covid requirements. Students are now required to take finals if they miss two or more days due to Covid. However, this decision was made by the health department and not by the administrators of the school. Overall, our administrators are trying to make this school year a fun and fair year.